BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

nor the moon by night

In a daze, I awake to the starry night sky. I realize where I am and am not frightened. I inhale the scent of the soil beneath me and the leaves where I've made my bed. I am uncannily relieved. Knowing that God had placed this particular pile of leaves here, knowing I'd fall but implanting something to break the fall. Knowing he put the stars overhead to make me feel as if all his eyes are watching me. I am relieved that now someone is watching over me and something is holding me. Relieved that the stars have returned to greet me with their beautiful faces and make a horrible situation less horrible. that they aren't merely shards of broken diamond. They are my stars. They aren't broken anythings. They're not like me. I lie there for hours it seems, conversing with the nighttime stars and the moon, asking them of life and death. I knew good and well that the stars and moon had seen both. Life being brought in the dead of night, a beacon undeniable. And life being taken as the dark seemed to snatch the soul away. "Moon," asked the I "why do you do nothing to prevent the capture of a child in the night from it's home. Or the death of human. Or the death of love. why do you simply watch it come to pass? I thought you wouldn't smite the weak." asking such a thing brought tears to my eyes. the moon did not answer, but the Creator did. "Humans are broken, these things cannot be helped. It is all well in the end. I promise, dear one." his response did not bring comfort, only a confirmation of my and my kind's infirmity. "Why, Creator? Why must we die?" I asked. It was in these moments where I felt the child in me again. where I felt small. "Because in death, there springs new life. don't be discouraged if it seems as if the  world is grey. I will take winter's blunt charcoal pencil and spring will come in with the technicolor paintbrush once more. The snow is white and white is all the colors mixed together, my child. I send it for you because I know that you love colors but necessitized placing them all in one form. Winter kills so life can spring anew. It will all make sense one day." With his words he stroked my hair and kissed my forehead. From behind the trees, the man appeared again, the one originally with no face. He walked up to me and watched as I lie there, helpless on the ground. He was built, not a muscle clad beast of a man, but muscular enough. Strong arms and hands with skin olive toned. His face bearded and his hair medium lengthed. Please don't hurt me, like the rest. I brought my arms up to my face in protection. "What are you doing?" he asked me. "Shielding my face" I replied, bluntly. "Why?" he asked. "Because I am afraid and vulnerable and I cannot get up." I placed my hands over my face so he couldn't see. "Don't be frightened. I promise to never hurt you." I tore my hands away, my eyes burned fire. "How can you blaspheme? Do I look stupid? No one can carry out such an oath." I looked into his eyes and saw that he was not human. He had a human face, but his heart depicted not the same. "I will never let you down. I will never leave. You won't always see or feel me, but I'll always be there." I looked at him incredulously. "How am I to believe you? I don't even know you." He smiled at me as only a lover can. "I'd love for that to change." came his reply. "Why do you want me? I am a mess" He bent down picked me up with so very little effort and swiftness that I couldn't have fought him off if I tried. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he turned his face to mine. "I am more than capable of handling you, my dear." He then walked on through the forest of threads, pins, and needles that my woods reflected. I held tight, but not tight enough to choke him. We came up to my house and he bent down a bit so that I could turn the knob and open the door. My room was warmly lit, which before, it was not. He trudged up the stairs to my tower. My room was warmly lit, which before, it was not. He lay me on my bed, covering me with my blanket and tucking me in. He kissed my lips very softly and said "Don't say a word. I just love you." and vanished, taking the light with him. In the dark I became moderately fearful, since I am fearful of the immediate dark. The sky was velvet dark and my room saturated in shadows. Don't be afraid, I'm right here.

0 comments: